- INVITATION TO TENDER FOR THE PROVISION OF (1) VEHICLE CLEANING AND SHUNTING SERVICES AT BULIM AND MANDAI DEPOT AND (2) THE PREMISES CLEANING SERVICES AT BULIM BUS DEPOT, MANDAI BUS DEPOT AND AT THE INTERCHANGES/ BUS TERMINAL MANAGED BY TTS FOR THE BASE PERIOD OF THREE YEARS WITH AN OPTION TO EXTEND FOR A TWO YEAR PERIOD
- Route Amendment 974
- New Year’s Eve Service Extension
- Holiday Season Operating Hours
- Help Us Make Public Transport Inclusive!
Tower Transit Singapore Launches Staff Welfare & Engagement Programme
TowerCARE brings together amenities, activities and benefits to target wellbeing of close to 900 staff
PUBLISHED December 13, 2017
SINGAPORE, 14 November 2017 – Tower Transit Singapore (TTS) this week launched TowerCARE, a staff welfare and engagement programme designed to keep its 900 employees engaged, healthy and happy at work. TowerCARE brings together an extensive programme of staff events, activities, amenities and benefits that include:
– A newly-launched, professionally-equipped gym at TTS’s Bulim Depot.
– Wellness initiatives such as express massages at TTS’s depot and interchanges, weekly fitness classes, health talks on subjects like managing high blood sugar, free fruits and healthier options at staff canteens.
– Engagement and cohesion activities like family day, pool and table tennis tournaments, and roadshows.
– Discounts at over 20 partnering merchants including major lifestyle brands, telcos, local and overseas hotels and traditional Chinese medical treatment.
As part of the TowerCARE launch, Bus Captains were treated to a surprise morning snack and coffee as they came into work early on Monday. Staff will also each given a complimentary Care Pack containing a shoe bag, a towel and a healthy snack and drink to encourage them to get active and use TTS’s newly-launched staff gym at Bulim Depot. This will be followed by a week-long launch programme with activities happening every day at the depot and Bukit Batok, Jurong East and Clementi bus interchanges.
TowerCARE was developed with the support of the National Transport Workers’ Union (NTWU) and its launch coincides with the first Public Transport Workers Appreciation Day on Tuesday, 14 November.
“NTWU welcomes TowerCARE and is heartened that Tower Transit has initiated programmes to encourage its employees to stay healthy. The public transport industry is a challenging one with our workers working around the clock. The Union will continue to work closely with our tripartite partners to ensure our public transport workers are being taken care of, in terms of both physical and mental well-being,” said Melvin Yong, Executive Secretary, NTWU.
Beyond the week-long launch programme, TowerCARE will feature activities every month. A table tennis tournament at the end of the month has already attracted close to 40 participants vying for attractive prizes. There will also be new deals and discounts added to the list of corporate benefits from time to time.
“I was very surprised when I came in early on Monday to receive a morning snack with a personal note of thanks, and to find out about TowerCARE. It really shows a lot of care and thoughtfulness for us Bus Captains and staff of Tower Transit Singapore,” said Bus Captain Rickee Ng.
In addition to the launch of TowerCARE, Tower Transit has created a Facebook profile picture frame which the public can add to their profile photos to show their appreciation for public transport workers on Public Transport Workers’ Appreciation Day. The frame can be found by searching “Tower Transit” on the Facebook Frames search page.